1. Home/ accommodation
What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
Who do you live with?
How long have you lived there?
What’s the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the past?
Do you plan to live there for a long time?
Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
Please describe the room you live in.
What part of your home do you like the most?
Describe your education
What is your area of specialization?
Why did you choose to study that major?
Do you like your major? (Why?/Why not?)
What kind of school did you go to as a child?
What was your favourite subject as a child?
Do you think your country has an effective education system?
Are you looking forward to working?
What do you do?
What are your responsibilities?
Why did you choose to do that type of work (or, that job)?
Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
Describe the company or organization you work for
Do you enjoy your work?
What do you like about your job?
What do you dislike about your job
(Possibly)Do you miss being a student?
4. Finding and losing things
What kinds of lost things have you found in a public place?
What would you do if you found something valuable for example a phone? (Why/Why not?)
Have you ever lost something which was found by a stranger? (What was it/Why?)
Would you ever ask for help on social media to find something you’d lost? (Why/Why not?)
5. Mobile/ Cell phones
Do you like using a mobile/cell phones? (Why/Why not?)
Do you send many text messages? (Why/Why not?)
When did you first have a mobile/cellphone?
Are there any places where you would not use a mobile/cell phone? (Why?)
6. Old Buildings
Have you ever seen some old building in the city?
Do you think we should keep old buildings in cities?
Do you prefer living in an old building or a modern house?
7. Time management
How do you plan your time in a day?
Is it easy to manage time?
Is it hard to allocate time?
How often do you look at yourself in a mirror? (Why/Why not?)
Have you ever bought a mirror? (Why/Why not?)
Would you buy clothes without checking yourself in a mirror first? (Why/Why not?)
Do you think mirrors are a good way to decorate a room? (Why/Why not?)
How often do you remember your dreams after you wake up?
Do you like hearing about other people’s dreams? (Why/ Why not?)
Do you think dreams can have special meanings? (Why/ Why not?)
Would you like to learn more about the subject of dreams? (Why/ Why not?)
10. Drawing and Art galleries
Did you learn to draw or paint when you were younger? (Why/Why not?) Have you ever
visited an art gallery? (Why/Why not?)
Do you like looking at drawings or paintings? (Why/Why not?)
Would you like to learn more about art in the future? (Why/Why not?)
11. Taking photos
How often do you take photos? (Why/ Why not?)
Do you like taking photos of yourself? (Why/ Why not?)
Do you have a favourite family photo? (Why/ Why not?)
Would you like to learn how to take better photos (Why/ Why not?)
12. Daily Routine
What do you usually do in the morning?
Do you prefer to go to bed early or late? (Why/Why not?)
Do you like to do the same things every weekend? (Why/Why not?)
Is your daily routine going to change in the future? (Why/Why not?)
1. Is email popular with everyone in …/ your country? (Why/Why not?)
2. Do you send a lot of emails? (Why/ Why not?)
3. Do you prefer to email people or speak to them on the phone? (Why/ Why not?) 4. Do you
think people will use email more or less in the future? (Why/Why not?)
1. What kinds of websites do you use most often? (Why/Why not?)
2. Do you prefer to get information from websites or books? (Why/Why not?)
3. Does your favourite website look the same now as when you first used it? (Why/Why not?) 4.
Which is more important to you , what a website looks like or how easy it is to use?( Why?)
1. Did you go to the cinema/movies a lot when you were a child? (Why/Why not?)
2. Do you still like the same films/movies that you liked when you were a child?
3. Do you prefer to go to the cinema/movies with friends or on your own? (Why/Why not?)
16. Watching Sports/Sports
1. Do you enjoy watching sport on TV? (Why/Why not?)
2. Have you ever been to watch a live sports event (e.g. in a stadium)? (Why/Why not?) 3. Is
there a sports event you might like to watch in the future? (Why/Why not?)
4. Do you think it’s more enjoyable to watch sports alone or with other people?5. Do you like sports?
6. Did you learn sports when you were a child?
7. Why is sport important?
1. Do you like to learn about history?
2. What historical event do you find interesting?
3. Do you think history is important?
4. Do you consider archaeology to be an important science?
18. Sweets & Cakes
1. Do you like to eat sweets?
2. Do you like sweets more or less now compared to when you were child? 3. Is there any sweet
food in your country?
4. Do you eat cakes or sweets after a meal?
1. Did you enjoy travelling by car when you were a child? (Why/Why not?)
2. Would you generally prefer to be a driver or a passenger in a car? (Why/Why not?) 3. How
important is the colour of a car to you? (Why/Why not?)
4. What type of car would you most like to have in the future? (Why/Why not?)
1. Why do some people have good memory while others just don’t? 2. Why do more people rely
on cellphones to memorize things?
3. Are you good at memorizing things?
4. Have you ever forgotten something that was important?
1. Do you like handwriting?
2. Do you think handwriting is important?
3. Which do you prefer, handwriting or typing?
4. What’s the difference between handwriting and typing?
1. Where can you see advertisements?
2. Do you want to be shown in the advertisement?
3. What kind of advertisements do you dislike?
4. Have you ever bought something because of its advertisement?
23. Boring things
1. What will you do when you feel bored?
2. What kind of things are boring to you?
3. Whom do you think get bored easily, the young or the old? 4. Do you think school is boring?
1. What stress do people usually face?
2. Why do people who work feel stressed and don’t just quit their jobs?
1. Do you have a talent, or a something you are good at?
2. Do you think your talent can be useful for your future work? 3. Do you think anyone in your
family has the same talent?
26. Books and Reading habits
1. Do you often read books? When?
2. Do you read differently now than you did before?
3. Have you ever read a novel that has been adapted into a film? 4. Which do you prefer, reading
books or watching movies?
27. Meeting places
1. Where do you usually meet with your friends?
2. Do you think there are some places more suitable for meeting with others?
3. Have the meeting places changed now from when you were young?
28. Collecting things
1. Do you collect things?
2. Are there any things you keep from childhood?
3. Where do you usually keep things you need?
1. Do you wear a watch?
2. Have you ever got a watch as a gift?
3. Why do some people wear expensive watches?
1. In what conditions would you use a computer?
2. When was the first time you used a computer?
3. What will your life be like without computers?
4. In what conditions would it be difficult for you to use a computer?
29. Sitting down
1. Where is your favourite place to sit?
2. Do you always sit down for a long time?
3. Do you feel sleepy when you are sitting down?
4. When you were a kid did you usually sit on the floor?
30. Evening time
1. Do you prefer studying in the morning or in the afternoon?
2. What do you usually do in the evening?
3. What did you do in the evening when you were little? Why?
4. Are there any differences between what you do in the evening now and what you did in the
31. Doing sports
1. What sports do you like?
2. Where didi you learn how to do it?
3. Did you do some sports when you were young?
4. Do you think students need more exercise?
1. What do you usually do on weekends?
2. Did you do anything special last weekend? 3. What will you do next weekend?
1. What did you learn in the science class?
2. Do you want to know more about science? 3. Do you watch the science tv program?
33. Shopping at Street markets
1. What are the best things to buy at a street markets in…/ your country? (Why?)
2. When was the last time you went to a street market? (Why/Why not?)
3. Do you like going to street markets when you’re on holiday/vacation? (Why/Why not?)
4. Which do you prefer shopping at a street market or shopping at a shopping centre/ mall?