1. Home/ accommodation
What kind of housing/accommodation do you live in?
Who do you live with?
How long have you lived there?
What’s the difference between where you are living now and where you have lived in the
Do you plan to live there for a long time?
Which room does your family spend most of the time in?
Are the transport facilities to your home very good?
Do you prefer living in a house or a flat?
Please describe the room you live in.
What part of your home do you like the most?
Describe your education
What is your area of specialization?
Why did you choose to study that major?
Do you like your major? (Why?/Why not?)
What kind of school did you go to as a child?
What was your favourite subject as a child?
Do you think your country has an effective education system?
Are you looking forward to working?
What do you do?
What are your responsibilities?
Why did you choose to do that type of work (or, that job)?
Is there some other kind of work you would rather do?
Describe the company or organization you work for
Do you enjoy your work?
What do you like about your job?
What do you dislike about your job
(Possibly)Do you miss being a student?
1. What’s the weather like where you live?
2. Do you prefer cold or hot weather?
3. Do you prefer dry or wet weather?
4. Do you get in the habit of checking the weather forecast?
1. Did you like writing when you were a child? Why/Why not?
2. What kinds of things do you write during a typical day? Why/Why not?
3. Do you think the kinds of things you write will change in the future? Why/Why not?
4. Do you prefer typing or writing things by hand? Why?
1. Did you do puzzles in your childhood?
2. Do you like doing word puzzles or number puzzles? Which is more difficult for you?
3. When do you do puzzles, during your trip or when you feel bored?
4. Do you think it is good for old people to do puzzles?
1. Does your name have a special meaning?
2. How do you choose names for your next generation?
3. Are there any differences between how VietNamese name their children now and in the
4. Does anyone in your family have the same as you?
1. Have you ever studied geography at school?
2. Do you like geography?
3. Are you good at reading a map?
4. Would you visit a country because of its geographical location?
9. Travelling on public transport
1. Do you often travel on public transports? Why/Why not?
2. Did you use public transport when you were a child? Why/Why not?
3. Do many people use public transport in…/your country? Why/Why not?
4. Will you use public transport more in the future? Why/ Why not?
10. Housework and Cooking
1. Do you do some cooking/help your family cook at home now?
2. Did you do some house cleaning when you were young?
3. Do you have breakfast at home every day?
4. Do you want to learn how to cook well?
– What made you happy when you were little?
– What do you think will make you feel happy in the future?
– Do you often go to library?
– Did you go go library when you were a kid?
– Do VietNamese kids often go to library?
1. Which do you think makes louder noise, in cities or in the countryside?
2. What noise do we have in cities?
3. What kind of noise do cars make?
14. Morning Time
1. Do you get up early in the morning?
2. Do you have the same morning routine everyday?
3. Do you usually eat breakfast at home?
4. Are there any differences between what you do in the morning now and what you did in
2. Do you think people should be tidy all the time?
3. Are you tidier at work or at home?
4. How do you usually keep your place tidy?
16. Family & Friends
1. Do you have a large family or small family?
2. How much time do you manage to spend with members of your family?
3. Do you have many friends? Why? Why not?
4. Do you prefer to stay alone or with your friends?
– What forms of visual art are popular in your country?
– Are there any difference between the art in your country and the art in Western
– Do you want to be an artist?
– Do you like music? Why / Why not?
– What type of music do you like to listen to when you are alone? Why?
– Has the music that you listen to changed since you were young?
– Do you think older and younger generations prefer different types of music?
– Is there any music concert that you want to go to?
– Have you got any hobbies or interests?
19. Staying up
– Do you go to sleep early or stay up late?
– What do you do when you stay up late?
– How do you feel when you have stayed up late the night before?
– Do you like eating chocolate?
– Did you give chocolate to someone as a gift?
– Did you like chocolate when you were a child?
– When was the first time you ate chocolate?
– Why do you think it’s so popular?
– Do you think people use chocolate differently now than in the past?
– Is chocolate good for our health?
– Do you often wear jewelry?
– What type of jewelry do you like to buy?
– Why do you think some people wear a piece of jewelry for a long time?
22. Small business
– Are there many small businesses in the place where you live?
– Do you prefer to buy things from a small business or large company?
23. Outer space and stars
– Have you ever learnt about outer space and stars?
– Are you interested in films concerning outer space and stars?
– Do you want to go into outer space in the future?
– Where do you go to school?
– Do you go to a good school?
– What changes would you like to see in your school?
– Do you like weekends?
– What did you do last weekends?
– What do you usually do on weekends? Do you study or work?
– Do you make plans for your weekends?
– Do you always bring a lot of keys with you?
– Have you ever lost your keys?
– Do you usually wear T-shirts?
– Do you like T-shirts with pictures or prints?
– Do you think older people who wear T-shirts are fashionable?
1. Do you like singing? Why?
2. Have you ever learnt how to sing?
3. Who do you want to sing for?
4. Do you think singing can bring happiness to people?
1. What technology do you often use, computers or mobile phones?
2. What electronic devices have you bought lately?
3. Are there any technology you want to buy?
4. What’s the benefit of technology?
1. Do you think neighbors are important?
2. How can we get along with our neighbors?
3. Do you think it’s important to have a good relationship with one’s neighbours?
1.What do you usually do on your birthday?
2.What did you do on your birthday when you were young?
3.Do you think it is important for you to celebrate your birthday?
4.Whose birthday do you think is the most important to celebrate in Viet Nam?
32. Social Media
1.Do you like to use social media?
2. Do you think your friends use too much social media?
3. Do you want to work in social media? Why?
4. What’s the most popular social media in Viet Nam? Why?
1. What snacks did you eat when you were young?
2. When do you usually eat snacks now?
3. Do you think it is healthy for you to eat snacks?